Thursday 10 January 2013

My Disclosure


First of all, an apology for me not being a blog nerd yet and getting things sorted so you guys can actually READ the blog and comment!!!  Any design tips would be much appreciated!

I want to say that the worship nights (although new to me), are not a brand new idea!  They did it in the days of old as they met together, communed together and listened to the disciples teachings.  People all over the world are doing this in their homegroups, in extended church services etc.  So please hear my heart here - I'm not 'owning' this as a new idea at all!  It's just taken me this long to get on board with what God is doing.

Another thing I'd like to say is that I'm not advertising this as a new 'program' or really a 'homegroup'.  It is very laid back and casual (something God is personally teaching me - a planner, and one who likes to know what comes next!).  This is merely a worship night for those who want to encounter God, learn more about worshipping Him, and be around like minded people to learn from eachother.  It does require expectancy, perserverance and a pursuit of Him.  As we've taken the time limits off, anything from 2 hours of worship is how it goes!!

Can anyone come along?  Yes of course anyone can come along!!  As our little lounge isn't the biggest, obviously there is a maximum of about 10 people.  So get in touch with me if you are keen (even if you just want to try it and see what the fuss is all about), and I'll let you know if there is a space of carpet for you.  :)

Do I have to commit to every week?  Of course not.  Like I said, it's not a homegroup as such.  So if you can only come once a month, or once every two weeks that's fine. 

Do I have to be a muso or worship leader?  NO, absolutely not!  Just a worshipper.

Do I have to stay for the whole night?  No, you can come and go when you need too.  As most of the people who come have jobs to go to the next morning, we've left it open for people to leave whenever they need to.

Where is this heading?  I've been really challenged by this question lately, and although there is the potential for this to become really big, I would love to see little worship nights spring up all over Whangarei.  There is something very precious about a small group of people getting together.  And I'd hate to loose that over it becoming a mid-week church service with a band etc.  All you need is a guitar and a couple of songs up your sleeve and you're away - so I'm encouraging YOU (yes you, you cute little worship leader reading this.  Start one up in your home too, and see what God has in store.)

I hope this answers a few questions.  Feel free to private message me on facebook if you want to know more.

More to come on lastnights worshipping!!!!  Oh my was it mind blowingly good....

1 comment: